Render RTSP Streams on to a Web Browser (WebRTC) using GStreamer

Chandramouli P moulicto at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:23:42 UTC 2022

Hello,

I want to render (transmit) the RTSP streams which come from the IP cameras
onto any WebRTC supported browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, etc.). At
the same time, I want to take advantage of the GPU and utilize it in a more
efficient way and want to reduce the CPU utilization, when we are
processing and rendering RTSP streams.

1) Is it possible to do the above things using the GStreamer framework?
2) Is it possible to do the transcoding using hardware decoding by
utilizing the GPU (graphics processing unit) with GStreamer? I mean
Hardware-accelerated streaming.
3) If above (1) and (2) are possible, what would be the pipeline to follow?
I mean, what are the libraries, plug-ins, and tools that I have to use to
develop the above functionalities?
4) It would be great help, If you could share any referral URLs to follow.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.