Change position with a dissolve

Marianna Smidth Buschle msb at qtec.com
Wed Aug 31 06:49:08 UTC 2022

1. Is RGBA in gstreamer limited to 8bit?

Yes, RGBA is 8 bit.
There are however some RGBA variants with 16bits per channel, see below.

Though I have no idea about how much support those formats have in the
plugins (though glcolorconvert seems to mention ARGB64).

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/video/video-format.html?gi-language=c#enumerations

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_RGBx|//(7) –

sparse rgb packed into 32 bit, space last

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_BGRx|//(8) –

sparse reverse rgb packed into 32 bit, space last

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_xRGB|//(9) –

sparse rgb packed into 32 bit, space first

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_xBGR|//(10) –

sparse reverse rgb packed into 32 bit, space first

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_RGBA|//(11) –

rgb with alpha channel last

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_BGRA|//(12) –

reverse rgb with alpha channel last

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_ARGB|//(13) –

rgb with alpha channel first

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_ABGR|//(14) –

reverse rgb with alpha channel first

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_RGB|//(15) –

RGB packed into 24 bits without padding (|R-G-B-R-G-B|)

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_BGR|//(16) –

reverse RGB packed into 24 bits without padding (|B-G-R-B-G-R|)

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_ARGB64|//(39) –

rgb with alpha channel first, 16 bits (native endianness) per channel

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_ARGB64_LE|//(102) –

RGB with alpha channel first, 16 bits (little endian) per channel.

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_ARGB64_BE|//(103) –

RGB with alpha channel first, 16 bits (big endian) per channel.

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_RGBA64_LE|//(104) –

RGB with alpha channel last, 16 bits (little endian) per channel.

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_RGBA64_BE|//(105) –

RGB with alpha channel last, 16 bits (big endian) per channel.

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_BGRA64_LE|//(106) –

Reverse RGB with alpha channel last, 16 bits (little endian) per channel.

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_BGRA64_BE|//(107) –

Reverse RGB with alpha channel last, 16 bits (big endian) per channel.

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_ABGR64_LE|//(108) –

Reverse RGB with alpha channel first, 16 bits (little endian) per channel.

//|GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_ABGR64_BE|//(109) –

Reverse RGB with alpha channel first, 16 bits (big endian) per channel.

Best Regards

Marianna

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen