Missing h264parse, rtph264pay plugins, 1.20.3, new compile, Raspberry Pi OS

Chris McLennan chris at actionstreamer.com
Thu Dec 22 20:21:30 UTC 2022

With the latest version of Raspberry Pi OS 32-bit (Kernel version:
5.15, Debian version: 11 (bullseye) ), I have built + installed gstreamer
1.20.3 from source.  After building the following I am missing two plugins
(h264parse, rtph264pay) that I need:

gstreamer
gst-plugins-base
gst-plugins-good
gst-plugins-bad
gst-plugins-ugly
gst-libav

I assume there is a missing dependency that is not installed in Raspbian,
and so h264parse + rtph264pay are not being built, installed.  I am new to
meson + ninja, so not 100% sure how to look into the logs yet.  I have done
the same type of build/install on x64 Ubuntu 22.04 and the plugins are
available.

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Chris