Love the idea of gstreamer; HATE the execution -- BUT I HATE YOUR SHITTY, SELFISH ATTITUDE WORST OF ALL! AND SO DOES GOD! FUCK YOU!

James jam at tigger.ws
Fri Dec 23 22:18:59 UTC 2022

> On 24 Dec 2022, at 3:31 am, Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi via gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
>

> Il ven 23 dic 2022, 20:25 Peter Maersk-Moller via gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org <mailto:gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>> ha scritto:
> Hi Zac.
>
> So true. That said, it could be a problem though now we also have the hate of the almighty. Maybe we need to fix that with the next major update release.
>

> Is this a real conversation or just a joke?
>
> I think first of all mailing list should have some kind of way to avoid landing of those no sense emails.
>
> Happy Christmas
>
> Michael
>

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 8:17 PM Zachary Hueras via gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org <mailto:gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>> wrote:
> He does make a valid point: it's not a generational problem. There are entitled, self-aggrandizing narcissists in every generation.
>
> I honestly wasn't expecting much for Christmas this year, but schadenfreude? I love it!
>
> ~Zac

[snip] I'm not disturbed by, but I think these technical forums are above wanton course language, and why offer profanities on the grounds they wiil offend someone

Actually Dave makes a point that IS valid that I see no easy solution to:

As a nooby to a very complex setup you seek help for a problem and you turn to the 'helpful' forum who answer

(a) if the problem is simple
(b) if the problem intrigues them
(c) if your name is Nicolas or (?? A Danish Lady called Marianne)*

Otherwise you are left to deal with 'Perhaps this computer is too slow' or equally helpful snips.
After a year on the rack I have my system working beautifully

* My ISP notified me that my mail box was full, so I emptied Trash and Sent losing lots of names! Sorry if details are wrong but you can tell where my thanks are directed.
James