Love the idea of gstreamer; HATE the execution -- BUT I HATE YOUR SHITTY, SELFISH ATTITUDE WORST OF ALL! AND SO DOES GOD! FUCK YOU!

Chris Duncan jcsduncan2011 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 23:45:55 UTC 2022

Ultimately, GStreamer is free software. Not only that but the forums and
mailing lists are free support. Whilst any comment written in frustration
may be warranted in technical terms, the emotion and sometimes ridiculous
wanting is not.

Yes, it’s a complex and sometimes difficult framework to work with but
nobody owes you anything and don’t forget that.

Thank you to all open source contributors and core maintainers. I hope you
have a merry Christmas.

P.s… I think Mr. Blanchard is a troll and should not be responded to sober
folk 😊

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 at 22:20, James via gstreamer-devel <
gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:

> On 24 Dec 2022, at 3:31 am, Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi via
> gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
>

> Il ven 23 dic 2022, 20:25 Peter Maersk-Moller via gstreamer-devel <
> gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi Zac.
>>
>> So true. That said, it could be a problem though now we also have the
>> hate of the almighty. Maybe we need to fix that with the next major update
>> release.
>>

> Is this a real conversation or just a joke?
>
> I think first of all mailing list should have some kind of way to avoid
> landing of those no sense emails.
>
> Happy Christmas
>
> Michael
>

>> On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 8:17 PM Zachary Hueras via gstreamer-devel <
>> gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:
>>
>>> He does make a valid point: it's not a generational problem. There are
>>> entitled, self-aggrandizing narcissists in every generation.
>>>
>>> I honestly wasn't expecting much for Christmas this year, but
>>> schadenfreude? I love it!
>>>
>>> ~Zac

Regards Chris