How to build GStreamer in Ubuntu repo?

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 14:39:15 UTC 2022

On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 3:30 PM Kevin Song via gstreamer-devel
<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:

> Yes, I can build GStreamer. But my requirement is I want to know how Ubuntu repo build GStreamer binary from source. Or maybe Ubuntu get GStreamer binary from GStreamer formal release? I need build the same binary with Ubuntu repo from source code.

The question you want to ask is "how do I build deb packages from
source", and the answer to that question has nothing
gstreamer-specific in it. It is the same for all packages on Debian
and Debian-derived distros like Ubuntu. For example:
https://ostechnix.com/how-to-build-debian-packages-from-source/

You probably want to build it with specific configure flags, in which
case you would edit the rules file.

Cheers,
Nirbheek