How to build GStreamer in Ubuntu repo?

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 07:35:17 UTC 2022

> The question you want to ask is "how do I build deb packages from
> source", and the answer to that question has nothing
> gstreamer-specific in it. It is the same for all packages on Debian
> and Debian-derived distros like Ubuntu. For example:
> https://ostechnix.com/how-to-build-debian-packages-from-source/

Considering the question, go through the above link, it covers a number
of essentials.

A lot of Debian packages are maintained in salsa, for GStreamer that's:

https://salsa.debian.org/gstreamer-team/gstreamer1.0

See pristine-tar to extract the archives after cloning and
git-buildpackage to build from a git repository.

--
g. Marc