IDE for develop GStreamer applications

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Wed Jan 5 17:16:37 UTC 2022

If you are okay using CMake then I think the best IDE is CLion.
Unfortunately it isn't free, but the price is reasonable.  (I think there
is a 30 day trial period.)

The gstreamer project itself uses Meson, which is supported by some IDEs
none of which I like (https://mesonbuild.com/IDE-integration.html).  So I
tend to build gstreamer separately (or on Windows I just download the
official build).

In terms of integrating gstreamer with a CMake project:  You can manually
figure out how to twiddle your CMakeLists.txt file, or you can see if Conan
can do it for you.  There is a conan recipe for gstreamer, but I never
tried it:  https://conan.io/center/gstreamer  I recommend learning to use
Conan with CMake, but I cannot vouch for the gstreamer recipe because I
have never tried it.