Building gstreamer for arm64v8

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sun Jan 30 13:46:44 UTC 2022

Le samedi 29 janvier 2022 à 14:37 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 4:43 AM David Ing via gstreamer-devel
> <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:
> >
> > I am thinking about creating a build for fedora.
> >
> > Does anyone have a Docker recipe for building gstreamer 1.18 (or main branch) for arm64v8?
> >

> No, but nothing special is needed if you're building natively. If
> you're cross-compiling, you probably want a cross file like this:
>
> https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/blob/master/cross/ubuntu-armhf.txt

If you use Fedora cross-compile like I do, here's an example with fedora
specifics in it (debian vs fedora don't agree on lib path, but the rest shall be
similar regarding using generic toolchain that does not know were is your
rootfs).

https://gitlab.collabora.com/nicolas/meson-cross/-/blob/master/renegade.txt

If you want to know more about my NFS setup, let me know, dnf have been very
nice and simple tool to manage NFS rootfs for multiple boards for me, while
doing the cross-compilation on a fast machine.

p.s. Always make sure both host and rootfs Fedora are on sync, applies to Debian
and Ubuntu also (use dockers/podman image on host if you can't match), and be
aware that sometimes they may get out of sync for few days due to build issues
on Fedora side. What breaks most often is QT5 support, I have added -
Dqt5=disabled, useful if you need that.

> You will need to edit the paths to point to the right places for Fedora.
>
> > Would I use Fedora 31 for Gstreamer 1.18?
> >

> Just use the latest Fedora.
>
> > Which version of Fedora would I use for Gstreamer main branch?
> >

> Same. The stable branch and the latest development are both tested
> regularly by developers who use the latest Fedora. Older stable
> branches will also probably work, but it's not guaranteed because no
> one is checking.
>
> > Are the current gstreamer recipes still here?  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-ci
>
> If you're looking for CI scripts, they're at
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer
>
> See .gitlab-ci.yml and ci/*
>
> Cheers,
> Nirbheek