webrtcbin create-answer returns unknown SDP type

Alexei Golovko alexej.golovko at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:54:34 UTC 2022

Hi,
I try to use webrtcbin with Janus.
I've found examples like
https://github.com/centricular/gstwebrtc-demos/blob/master/janus/janusvideoroom.py,
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/-/blob/master/tests/examples/webrtc/webrtcrenego.c,
https://github.com/centricular/gstwebrtc-demos/blob/master/sendrecv/gst-rust/src/main.rs,
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-examples/-/blob/master/webrtc/sendrecv/gst/webrtc_sendrecv.py
.

They tend to create an offer locally, send it to Janus, receive an answer
and set it as a remote description. I would like to mimic behaviour, which
we used to use with python's aiortc: get an offer from Janus, generate an
answer and send it back.

I set SDP offer from Janus with set-remote-description, then emit
create-answer; but I get an answer WebRTCSessionDescription with an empty
SDP and a very strange WebRTCSDPType=-43384639 (non-existing enum?).

What am I doing wrong and how to fix this?

The python script used is here: https://pastebin.com/WGPcF64m
Module dvr_processor.dvr_processor.janus contains communication with Janus:
https://pastebin.com/KAhTv8Lq
Logs are here: https://pastebin.com/QVegDhRZ

It is gstreamer 1.20.1 on ubuntu-22.04 based image.

Regards,
Alexei Golovko.