Frames are not output correctly

Jeff Shanab jshanab at jfs-tech.com
Fri Jun 3 22:54:53 UTC 2022

I have seen a lot of issues with IPCameras I work with a ton of IP cameras.
But I currently use a different library. Not GStreamer. (I have only played
with it)
This looks like the case when some I frames are dropped or incomplete

Now the rtspsrc at the beginning of the pipeline may be running udp which
would make it more susceptible to any programming or network delays.

" RTSP supports transport over TCP or UDP in unicast or multicast mode. By
default rtspsrc will negotiate a connection in the following order: UDP
unicast/UDP multicast/TCP. The order cannot be changed but the allowed
protocols can be controlled with the property."

I do not remember the property to disable udp so it uses tcp.
    but nowadays, imho, tcp works a lot better.
    the guys who say udp has lower overhead and therefore helps in
bandwidth constrained cases was jpeg or audio 10 years ago.
    TCP now has fast retransmit and it is not uncommon for a single IFrame
to need a few hundred packets. Miss one and you get what I call
"Vangoughing"

enjoy