Render Gstreamer video on Wayland subsurface.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Jun 7 23:43:15 UTC 2022

Le mar. 7 juin 2022, 06 h 30, Kishan Dudhatra via gstreamer-devel <
gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> a écrit :

> hello;
>

> issue posted : gst-plugins-bad
> <https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/-/issues/1722>
>

> I want to render GStreamer video on Wayland subsurface and using
> waylandsink.
>

> Currently i have created 1.main surface 2.Subsurface as shown in attached
> image.
>

> I want to render the GStreamer video on subsurface.

As subsurface have no framebuffer or size, this is pretty inconvenient way.
I would rather suggest to use the existing mechanism. through the sync
message handler reply to the message the query a window handle. Pass your
top level surface handle, and position that using
gst_video_overlay_set_render_rectangle().