mfh264enc crash

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:23:06 UTC 2022

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 1:00 PM umit sivri via gstreamer-devel
<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> wrote:
> I searched net for a better location to report but wasn't able to. If I'm making a mistake by reporting here, please correct me.

This is the correct place to ask for help. Once we've isolated the
issue, we can open an issue on gitlab.

> Below pipeline crashes in gstreamer 1.20 stable:
>
> .\gst-launch-1.0.exe videotestsrc is-live=true ! video/x-raw,format=RGB,width=1608,height=1080,pixel-aspect-ratio=1/1,framerate=25/1 ! videoconvert ! mfh264enc bitrate=8000 low-latency=true quality-vs-speed=30 ! h264parse ! mpegtsmux ! filesink location=test.ts
>
> When mfh264enc is changed to openh264enc or x264enc, pipeline works just fine.

Could you please run it inside the Visual Studio debugger and get a
backtrace for the crash? It's impossible to help you without that.

Also, please do this in cmd.exe:

set GST_DEBUG=2,mf*:6
set GST_DEBUG_FILE=out.txt

(or the equivalent to set env vars in whatever shell you're using)

Then run gst-launch-1.0 and that should yield a log in the file out.txt

> I couldn't find mfh264enc plugin source code anywhere online, too.

When you run gst-inspect-1.0 on a plugin, it tells you the
source-module. For mediafoundation, that's gst-plugins-bad:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/tree/main/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad

Next, you have to look inside that module to find the right
subdirectory. Here, that's sys/mediafoundation:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/-/tree/main/subprojects/gst-plugins-bad/sys/mediafoundation

That's where the sources are.

Cheers,
Nirbheek