spotifyaudiosrc

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume at desmottes.be
Thu May 19 10:50:41 UTC 2022

On 18/05/22 22:03, Jonas Kvinge via gstreamer-devel wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is spotifyaudiosrc still working?

Hi Jonas,

I just tested and yes, the element is still working fine for me.

> There is no option to set a device password in spotify, the URL
> (https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/) just
> redirects to the regular profile.

That's strange, it does redirect to the settings page allowing me to set
a device password here.
Something like this:
https://static1.makeuseofimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Spotify-Device-Password.png?q=50&fit=crop&w=1500&dpr=1.5

You do have a premium account right?

> But I tried with the normal spotify username/password, at least it
> gets further than an invalid login.
>
> I tried: gst-launch-1.0 spotifyaudiosrc username=username
> password=password track=spotify:track:3i3P1mGpV9eRlfKccjDjwi !
> oggdemux ! vorbisdec ! audioconvert ! alsasink device=hw:0,3

I'm not sure why it doesn't fail earlier as you do need a device
password to login. Anything useful in logs when running with
GST_DEBUG="spotifyaudiosrc:6" ?

     G.