Configuring gst-plugins-base with OpenGL integration on Windows

Ilya Aleshkov ilya.aleshkov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:04:43 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'd like to report some progress.
It seems I need to somehow point meson to the
C:\gstreamer\1.0\msvc_x86_64\include\GL folder. But I don't know how.
So I've placed the wglext.h file from the
C:\gstreamer\1.0\msvc_x86_64\include\GL folder to the C:\Program Files
(x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.19041.0\um\gl folder.
After that meson was able to configure the build:

meson --buildtype=release
-Dauto_features=disabled
-Dgstreamer:tools=disabled
-Dbase=enabled
-Dgst-plugins-base:gl=enabled
-Dgst-plugins-base:gl_api=opengl
-Dgst-plugins-base:gl_winsys=win32
-Dbad=enabled
-Dgst-plugins-bad:gl=enabled
-Dgst-plugins-bad:nvcodec=enabled

Output:
gst-plugins-bad 1.20.4

    Plugins               : nvcodec
    (A)GPL license allowed: False

gst-plugins-base 1.20.4

    GL api     : gl
    GL platform: wgl
    GL winsys  : win32
    Plugins    : opengl

gst-plugins-good 1.20.4

    Plugins:

gstreamer 1.20.4

    Plugins: coreelements

gstreamer-full 1.20.4

  Build options
    gstreamer-full            : NO

  Subprojects
    gl-headers                : YES
    gst-devtools              : NO Feature 'devtools' disabled
    gst-editing-services      : NO Feature 'ges' disabled
    gst-examples              : NO Feature 'gst-examples' disabled
    gst-integration-testsuites: NO Feature 'devtools' disabled
    gst-libav                 : NO Feature 'libav' disabled
    gst-omx                   : NO Feature 'omx' disabled
    gst-plugins-bad           : YES 1 warnings
    gst-plugins-base          : YES 1 warnings
    gst-plugins-good          : YES
    gst-plugins-rs            : NO Feature 'rs' disabled
    gst-plugins-ugly          : NO Feature 'ugly' disabled
    gst-python                : NO Feature 'python' disabled
    gst-rtsp-server           : NO Feature 'rtsp_server' disabled
    gstreamer                 : YES 1 warnings
    gstreamer-sharp           : NO Feature 'sharp' disabled
    gstreamer-vaapi           : NO Feature 'vaapi' disabled
    libnice                   : NO Feature 'libnice' disabled
    orc                       : NO Feature 'orc' disabled
    pygobject                 : NO Feature 'python' disabled
    win-flex-bison-binaries   : YES 1 warnings
    win-nasm                  : YES 1 warnings

  User defined options
    auto_features             : disabled
    buildtype                 : release
    bad                       : enabled
    base                      : enabled
    gst-plugins-bad:gl        : enabled
    gst-plugins-bad:nvcodec   : enabled
    gst-plugins-base:gl       : enabled
    gst-plugins-base:gl_api   : opengl
    gst-plugins-base:gl_winsys: win32
    gstreamer:tools           : disabled

Now I'm trying to build it:

ninja -C {path}\gstreamer\build

Output:
..\subprojects\gst-plugins-base\gst-libs\gst/gl/glprototypes/gstgl_compat.h(40):
error C2371: 'GLsync': redefinition; different basic types
C:/gstreamer/1.0/msvc_x86_64/include\GL/glext.h(1369): note: see
declaration of 'GLsync'

Thanks,
Ilya