JPEG Encoding Issue in Appsrc Pipeline

Sulthan Amanu sulthan4380 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 16:00:59 UTC 2023

Hello Team,

I am reaching out regarding an issue I encountered in my application. I
have been attempting to save JPEG image files from an appsrc. In my
application, I receive raw frames from a webcam source through the identity
plugin, which I store in a local variable called "buflist". I then aim to
convert this buffer (buflist) into a JPEG file using the jpegenc plugin.
However, I have run into difficulties as the jpegenc plugin fails to encode
the raw buffer frame successfully.

I took the initiative to investigate further by introducing an additional
identity element into the appsrc pipeline. This allowed me to gather
information and ascertain that I can indeed save the raw frames without
encoding. They are stored as image files. However, the problem arises when
I try to implement jpegenc for encoding. After adding jpegenc to the
pipeline followed by the identity element, I noticed that I no longer
receive frames callback.

I would like to emphasize that I would prefer alternatives to using the tee
element or branching the pipeline concept. While I understand that the tee
element could potentially offer a solution, it affects the overall
pipeline. Furthermore, incorporating jpegenc introduces a delay in frame
encoding, which is why I pursued the approach of capturing frames from the
actual pipeline and subsequently saving them using multifilesink or sending
them through a UDP sink.

For your convenience, I have included the relevant code below. I kindly
request your assistance in identifying a solution within the context of my
code.

**CODE in mail attachment **

I eagerly await your guidance and appreciate your help in resolving this
matter.

Regards,
Sulthan Amanu