missing attack of sound with playbin after seek to beginning

Matthieu Imbert matthieu.imbert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:57:35 UTC 2023

I have some minimal test case to reproduce the issue here:
https://github.com/mimbert/gst-playbin-seek-test

You just need to clone, instantiate the two vagrant VMs (one is debian
stable with pulse, the other is debian testing with pipewire) and run the
test case, which plays repeatedly a bass drum sound, waiting two seconds
between end of play and seeking back to beginning and replay.

The behavior is even worse with this test case than with my full
application:
- with debian stable / pulse is works well
- with debian testing / pipewire I can only hear the first play, and
there's no sound after that

I would like to know if it may be related to me not using the gstreamer API
properly (i'm new to gstreamer), an issue at OS/driver level (e.g. pipewire
not stable enough yet), a bug in gstreamer?

cheers
Matthieu