Screen grabbing on DRM protected contents.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Feb 20 18:38:44 UTC 2023

Le lundi 20 février 2023 à 17:33 +0100, Davide Perini via gstreamer-devel a
écrit :
> Hi all,
> will GStreamer ever be able to record the screen while playing DRM
> protected contents like
> Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and others?
>
> I don't want to pirate that contents, I only want to consume the content
> for my Luciferin ambilight software.
> https://github.com/sblantipodi/firefly_luciferin

Platform with DRM content support have hardware security, you will be able to
record the protected content if that security is weak, otherwise, no. GStreamer
is just a user of the operating system. If the operating system does not want
you to have access to the content, then it won't have access to it.

Nicolas