Registry corruption issue - what could the cause be?

Bill Hofmann bill at theliquidview.com
Wed Jan 4 18:03:14 UTC 2023

Seeing this error when starting the pipeline below:

Error from element urisourcebin0: gst-core-error-quark: No URI handler
implemented for "http". (12)
debug:../subprojects/gst-plugins-base/gst/playback/gsturisourcebin.c(1565):
gen_source_element ():
/GstPlayBin3:pbin/GstURIDecodeBin3:uridecodebin3/GstURISourceBin:urisourcebin0
2023-01-04T06:46:01.056321-05:00

Pipeline:

playbin3 name=pbin uri="http://127.0.0.1/foo.m3u8"
    video-sink="kmssink name=kmssink0 connector-id=308 plane-id=31
skip-vsync=true"
    audio-sink="volume name=volume0 volume=0.05 ! alsasink name=alsa
device=plughw:CARD=PCH,DEV=3"

Of course, checked that the url for the manifest was valid, did a wget, it
retrieved it.

When I run gst-inspect-1.0 on the target system (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS),
souphttpsrc doesn't show up. Detailed logs (GST_DEBUG=5 gst-inspect-1.0)
show:

Added plugin 'soup' plugin with 0 features from binary registry

When I delete the registry, it rebuilds and now works, both souphttpsrc and
sink are present.  Note soup is v2, not v3.

Thoughts about how this could occur?

-Bill

--
Bill Hofmann