Question about bandwidth estimation

Lei Zhang geraldleizhang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 22:31:47 UTC 2023

Hey team,

I'm developing on top of gstreamer's webrtc implementation, and want to
acquire the bandwidth estimation results. I have the following questions:

   - What is the current bandwidth estimation that webrtc uses? It seems
   google's congestion control is not in the standard pipeline, so I'm curious
   how it's implemented.
   - I find that there's a recent implementation of google's congestion
   control (as in gst-plugins-rs). I'm trying to leverage rtpgccbwe elements
   but find that I have to enable twcc first. What should be the proper way I
   can set the header extension to the payloader? I'm using python for this.

Thank you very much.

Best,
Lei