Dynamic pipeline for GstRTSPMediaFactory launch line

Eslam Ahmed eslam.ahmed at avidbeam.com
Sun Jan 15 12:19:03 UTC 2023

Hello,

Is it possible to make use of dynamic pipelines when passing the launch
line via gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch?

For starters, I found out that it must have at least one payloader named
pay%d. This is quite problematic if you don't know the codec before
spinning the pipeline as you must use the correct payloader. Luckily, I am
using rtpgstpay as my payloader so it's fixed.

But what about the rest of the pipeline? For example, if the codec is h264
then I need to add an h264parse element in the pipeline same for h265 or
other codecs. This can be done when using uridecodebin and connect the
pad-added callback. Is this the right way to go about this? and if my
payloader is not fixed, how would one add it dynamically at runtime?

I am open to suggestions, Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Eslam Ahmed