rtpjitterbuffer do-lost event not triggered

Sirbu, Dan Dan.Sirbu at nuance.com
Tue Mar 14 21:30:26 UTC 2023

I'm trying to have a pipeline that detects when udpsrc does no longer receives rtp pkts and triggers rtpjitterbuffer do-lost event in order to add silence only when the rtp pkts are missing.

My 'current' pipeline is:

gst-launch-1.0.exe -v udpsrc address=localhost port=5001 caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)audio, payload=0, clock-rate=(int)8000" ! rtpbin ! rtpjitterbuffer do-lost=true drop-on-latency=true ! rtppcmudepay ! mulawdec ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! audiorate tolerance=200 ! wavenc ! filesink location="/c/temp/danrtp.wav"

And I have enabled GST_DEBUG but I failed to see the logs corresponding to:

GST_DEBUG_OBJECT (jitterbuffer, "%d missing packets", gap); from gst/rtpmanager/gstrtpjitterbuffer.c

Thus, the method: gst_rtp_jitter_buffer_handle_missing_packets do not seem to be executed and the do-lost event is not triggered.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.