Playback of FFVHuff video files

Tobias Rapp t.rapp at noa-archive.com
Wed Mar 15 14:00:18 UTC 2023

Hi,

when playing around with file format and codec support in GStreamer
v1.22.1 using the gst-launch-1.0 tool I stumbled over some AVI files
with FFVHuff video that fail to be played with "playbin". The error
message is:

WARNING: from element
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: No decoder available
for type 'video/x-avi-unknown, fourcc=(int)1213613638'.

When checking with "gst-inspect-1.0 avdec_ffvhuff" the decoder is
installed but seems to expect type 'video/x-gst-av-ffvhuff' for input.

How can I make sure that FFVHuff files are properly detected and decoded?

Regards, Tobias