[gst-embedded] Question on gstreamer audio playback on ARM/Linux

jfliu at solomon-systech.com jfliu at solomon-systech.com
Thu Jul 17 03:59:43 PDT 2008

Hi, all,

I am doing a project to port the gstreamer framework to a target board,
which is running linux 2.6.24 on ARM 9, and the RAM on the board is
32Mbyte.

When I tried to use the gstmad and alsalink plugin to play a MP3 file (
"gst-launch location = abc.mp3 ! mad ! alsasink"), I found there is
constant audio underrrun reported from the ALSA driver and thus there
are on/off in the audio output. I've also tried other MP3 demux/decoders
such as ffdemux_mp3 and ffdec_mp3 but the result is same. After I
enabled the debugging on the filesrc plugin, I noticed there is a
break/pause sometimes (happening randomly) during the playback. I
suspect this could be the reason of the audio underrun but I don't know
why this break/pause happens.

Anyone has any idea? Please help.

regards,
Jianfeng