[Gstreamer-openmax] question about gstopenmax

Victor Manuel Jáquez Leal ceyusa at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 09:26:33 PDT 2007

Hi list!

I've been glancing the gstopenmax code and found, in the filter
object, for processing the output callbacks you create another thread.
In the old days of GOmx, the same OMX thread, under the FillBufferDone
callback, was used to process the buffer directly.  I know that is
against the spec recommendation, but it seemed to work right. And it
was accord to the Occam's razor ;)

So, my question is, is there another reason to add this thread besides
the spec adherence?

Cheers

VMJL