[Gstreamer-openmax] Regarding GStreamer-OpenMax Layer

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at nokia.com
Mon Dec 1 07:48:10 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 20:33 +0530, ext Sriram at amd wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a project to port GStreamer into embedded system.
> Mainly working on developing openMax plug in for my openMax component.
> For that i am taking gst-openmax-0.10.0.4 & libomxil-bellagio-0.9.1 as
> reference. I tested both on Linux platform. every thing is working
> fine.
>
> As i told i am having my own openMax IL and DL layer, So i just want
> change gst-openmax-0.10.0.4 layer according to my openMax IL layer.
> for that i am mapping one by one ST OMX components to my OMX
> components.
>
> 1. Is my approach is correct ?

It depends on the component.

For MP3 decoding there's already a gst-openmax wrapper, so the only
thing you need to do is specify your component name:

omx_mp3dec component-name="OMX.myvendor.mycomponentname"

> if yes,
> Up to now i am able to map Mp3 Decoder component. But instead of ST
> Alsa sink component i am having my Render component.
> I am unable to map this component. It is not loading.
> after some level of debugging i am came to know that in standered PC
> it is not loading the ST ALSA component also.
>
> So can any one help me , How to proceed to play the audio on my
> embedded board.

I'm working heavily on filter elements, but not sources and sinks. It's
quite possible that they are not working.

Maybe this patch would help?
http://github.com/felipec/gst-openmax/commit/b2d0e70140ae6ce660a993243a6ef02b2993608d

> 2. And also from the GStreamer-OpenMax mailing list i came to know
> that i need to setup OMX_SetupTunnel.
>     what is the path for changed gstomx_util.c file related to
> gst-openmax-0.10.0.4 lib.
>     because code mentioned in the path
> https://omapzoom.org/gf/project/openmax/wiki/  is very old i am
> guessing ..

I didn't understand that last part.

There's a 'tunneling' branch pending in the github repository to use
OMX_SetupTunnel, but it should not be required to get your code working.

What? omapzoom?

--
Felipe Contreras