[Gstreamer-openmax] Support for hardware codecs

Stephen M. Webb stephenw at xandros.com
Wed Apr 1 06:57:39 PDT 2009

I have a number of hardware codecs for various boards from various vendors and
I'm trying to integrate them nicely with gst-openmax.  The recent refactoring
that split the components into a table is great, but I need to be able to do
it from a config file so that I can use the soft codecs from bellagio for
some things on some target platforms and the vendor-supplied hard codecs for
other things on other platforms.  I also need to specify the use of
AllocateBuffer vs. UseBuffer on a per-component basis from that same
configuration file.

Is there any plan in the very near future to implement this?  I don't want to
duplicate any effort.

--
Stephen M. Webb
stephenw at xandros.com