[Gstreamer-openmax] Support for hardware codecs

giulio urlini giulio.urlini at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 08:14:18 PDT 2009

Hi Stephen,
           I presume you are talking about the components split in
Bellagio OpenMAX. For this reason I've added in cc the related mailing
list.
There is actually no plan in Bellagio to implement some mechanism to
compile together free and proprietary components. The idea is to
compile what is needed separately and put all the needed components
libraries in some common locations, that can be registered with
omxregister-bellagio command. This command supports multiple
locations, so it can be used easily with different types of
components.
Each component is already provided with automake files, for a cross
platform compilation.
Regarding your second point I'm not sure to have taken your issue. You
need to specify if a component support both UseBuffer and
AllocateBuffer? Or that can support only one of the calls?

Regards,

Giulio Urlini