[Gstreamer-openmax] Support for hardware codecs

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 08:15:37 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Stephen M. Webb <stephenw at xandros.com> wrote:
> I have a number of hardware codecs for various boards from various vendors and
> I'm trying to integrate them nicely with gst-openmax.  The recent refactoring
> that split the components into a table is great, but I need to be able to do
> it from a config file so that I can use the soft codecs from bellagio for
> some things on some target platforms and the vendor-supplied hard codecs for
> other things on other platforms.  I also need to specify the use of
> AllocateBuffer vs. UseBuffer on a per-component basis from that same
> configuration file.

Yeah, that's the next step, I plan to implement something like:
./configure MAPPING=maemo

Would that fit your use case?

And yeah, I also would want to specify allocate vs use on a
per-component basis, as well as the share_*_buffer hacks.

> Is there any plan in the very near future to implement this?  I don't want to
> duplicate any effort.

I am planning to do that soon, but of course I would not get mad if
you beat me to it :)

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras