[Gstreamer-openmax] Fwd: View this page "Port all packages step by step"

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 02:53:34 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Prajnashi S <prajnashi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Felipe Contreras
> <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've taken your patch and I've put it in a new branch in github. I
>> took a quick look and it seems it will require quite a bit of effort
>> before this can be merged, bit doesn't look bad :)
>>
>> First I want to start minimizing the changes and I already started
>> with the aacdec, can you take a look and see if you can do the same
>> for the other components?
>
> OK, but I can do it after completing video flinger sink and java glue code.
>

>> A few comments:
>>
>> Remove BUILD_WITH_ANDROID, for now this branch should be only for
>> Android. Once it's clean we can start merging the stuff that can be
>> shared by all the omx implementations and then rebase on top of the
>> latest master.
>
> OK, actually, most of them is not android specific, they shall be moved
> outside BUILD_WITH_ANDROID. But, we need analyze them case by case, because
> I'm not sure if PV OpenMax follow spec strictly.

I mean if PV needs something different, then just do the change, don't
put it inside #if BUILD_WITH_ANDROID. That way it's easier to review.

Also, PV is opensource, right? If we find something that is against
the spec we can send them patches. However, some stuff can go into the
master branch (no #if BUILD_WITH_ANDROID) as it would not affect other
implementations.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras