[Gstreamer-openmax] Fwd: View this page "Port all packages step by step"

Prajnashi S prajnashi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:12:45 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Felipe Contreras <
felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've taken your patch and I've put it in a new branch in github. I
> took a quick look and it seems it will require quite a bit of effort
> before this can be merged, bit doesn't look bad :)
>
> First I want to start minimizing the changes and I already started
> with the aacdec, can you take a look and see if you can do the same
> for the other components?

OK, but I can do it after completing video flinger sink and java glue code.

> A few comments:
>
> Remove BUILD_WITH_ANDROID, for now this branch should be only for
> Android. Once it's clean we can start merging the stuff that can be
> shared by all the omx implementations and then rebase on top of the
> latest master.

OK, actually, most of them is not android specific, they shall be moved
outside BUILD_WITH_ANDROID. But, we need analyze them case by case, because
I'm not sure if PV OpenMax follow spec strictly.

> Can we remove the extra debugging stuff like "Enter" and "Leave"? Once
> the android branch is merged we can think on adding them back.
>
> Also, is it possible for you to use the branch I just setup? Or a fork
> of it? That way we can verify that there are no regressions in the
> process.
>
> http://github.com/felipec/gst-openmax/commits/android

Of cause, I can use your branch.

--