[Gstreamer-openmax] Trick Mode / Pause-Resume issues

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at nokia.com
Mon Mar 8 07:42:27 PST 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 12:36:47PM +0100, ext Nitin PAI wrote:
> Does the current gst-openmax stack support seeking / play-pause?

It depends for which elements; decoders, yes; sinks/sources; don't know.

> I wrote a small gstreamer based test application that plays a
> audio/video file.  This tries to do play/pause and seeking.  There
> were some problems with pause/resume but with some fixes in
> gstomx_base_sink.c (handling PAUSE_TO_RESUME state change)
> pause/resume worked fine.

I never spent much time with sinks/sources, I implemented a few just as
proof-of-concept.

> I am still facing trouble doing seeking. Basically the app hangs in
> the gstreamer code in the waiting for preroll to be done.  Can you
> tell me if the gst-openmax stack is tested for all this?

Nope, it's not tested for that. In Nokia we tested only
encoders/decoders, and they worked fine for the main use-cases, but
nowadays we are concentrating on gst-dsp.

About trick-mode; I've no idea, but my guess it that wouldn't work.

Patches are welcome, though :)

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras