Q: Low level Design

Victor Manuel Jáquez Leal ceyusa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 02:20:23 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Gstreamer and OpenMax ,I have read some of the introductory
> documents, and I am during delving and studying of both.
> I need to implement in DM8168 a dedicate software which support RTP, MPEG-TS
> and SAP. I found that there is library for these projects in Gstreamer 0.10,
> but I am concerned regarding the Low level requirements. I would like to ask
> if Gstreamer is suitable for Low level design. Example for such requirement:
> encoding 5 video channels simultaneously, (video input: vp0 - 4 multiplexed
> channels 640x480 , vp1 - 1920x1080).
>
> Can such low level design be done with Gstreamer  ?

GStreamer is a framework, which allows you to build processing
pipelines. The pipelines are composed by elements, and those elements
do the data processing. There are a lot of elements. In this case you
should (I guess) write your own elements.

GStreamer is agnostic, in some degree, of how data is crunched in the low level.

vmjl