Can gst-openmax have vendor specific rendering functionality or should it be in separate sink plugin ?

Yogish Kulkarni yogishkulkarni at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:13:12 PST 2012

Hello,

For my research project, I am planning to use gst-openmax with
modification to activate a  vendor specific openmax config that will
send gst-openmax vendor specific buffer descriptors rather than the
actual decoded data.
I will also be writing gstreamer sink element which will receive this
buffer descriptors and will send them to openmax rendering component.
Openmax rendering component will send this descriptor to X using
propitiatory way for presentation. The gstreamer sink element apart
from passing the received descriptors  to  openmax render will also
handle creation of xwindow, resize events, aspect ratio correction
etc, basically same as xvimagesink but will not use XvPutImage for
presentation. I am confused whether I should write my sink element as
part of gst-openmax as it is going through openmax-il for rendering or
should it be separate plugin ?

Thanks,
-Yogish