Encode stream error with omxh264enc

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Dec 20 01:48:32 PST 2013

On Mi, 2013-12-18 at 17:49 +0100, Vincent BENOIT wrote:
> I use buildroot version 2013.08.1 to build my embedded RPi system (kernel
> 3.12.0 - uclibc cross toolchain) with rpi-userland package.
> toolchain :
> # ./arm-buildroot-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc --version
> arm-buildroot-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc (Buildroot 2013.08.1) 4.7.3
> Copyright © 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> I try the gst-omx plugin package originally supplied with buildroot
> packages (tag version 1.0.0) compiled neatly then I've modified the
> buildroot makefile to compile the head git version of gst-omx plugin.
> I have the same error with the two versions of gst-omx package.

What configure parameters are used for building gst-omx, can you attach
the config.log? What's the output of ldd on libgstomx.so?

Does your vcos library export the symbol vcos_global_lock at all? From
your logs it is loaded but this symbol is not found. This does not look
like a problem in gst-omx at all to me as gst-omx does not use this
symbol directly.

I would check if everything is ok with your toolchain, libc and dynamic
linker, and also check if the userland part of the RPi firmware is a
known to be working version.

> I'm agree that this error seems to be an linking error but nothing wrong in
> my build trace.
>
> the library libopenmaxil.so is in /usr/lib like libvcos.so, libbcm_host.so,

The RPi firmware userland part is supposed to be in /opt/vc btw :)

Expertise, Straight from the Source