Android gst-omx plugin

Ivan Rofov ivan.rofov at mail.ru
Thu Jan 23 22:54:31 PST 2014

Hello all
I try use gst-omx plugin on android, and use cerbero shell for build purpose. Before build gst-omx I successfully builded package gstreamer-1.0-sdk, and used this package for Tutorial3 example  http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Android+tutorial+3%3A+Video

gst-omx build commands:
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-omx
cd gst-omx
sh autogen.sh --host=arm-linux-androideabi --disable-gtk-doc --with-omx-target=generic --enable-static --prefix=/home/ivan/cerbero/omx
make
make install
After successfully build and install I got 3 new files:
libgstomx.a
libgstomx.la
libgstomx.so

For use them I try add plugin name to GSTREAMER_PLUGINS inside Android.mk. Like this:
GSTREAMER_PLUGINS         : =  $(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_CORE)$(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_CODECS)$(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_SYS)  omx
But I can't build project with this changes. Because generated file (gstreamer_android.c) have error, at this line:
GST_PLUGIN_STATIC_REGISTER(omx);
Error:
gstreamer_android.o: in function gst_android_register_static_plugins:gstreamer_android.c(.text.gst_android_register_static_plugins+0x8): error: undefined reference to 'gst_plugin_omx_register'

Please help me register gst-omx plugin for use them on gstreamer pipeline.
--
Ivan Rofov