Can't burn CD when hald is running

Dorin Lazar lazar at deuromedia.ro
Mon Jul 5 02:00:59 PDT 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 11:51, Ikke wrote:
> I wonder whether this has a link with the fact he's using SCSI devices?
> Anyone got this problem on IDE writers? Can't test, got no CD writer.
  Hello all,
  The problem might be located elsewhere, either the driver (for SCSI
emulation at least), cdrecord or whatever writing program one uses. It also
depends a bit on the hardware. I had the same problem with a sort-of-autorun
program written by me that made writings fail only on certain hardware (NECs,
to be more precise, but might not be the only one, more details upon
request). Perhaps the writing programs should be able to 'lock better' the
device?
  Hope this helps, best regards,
    Dorin