fstab-sync

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Thu Jul 15 01:24:06 PDT 2004

Hi,

One of the projects I've been working on over the last week or so with
John Palmieri is getting auto mounting of devices with HAL and gnome-
volume-manager to work for Fedora.  One piece of the puzzle was to write
a replacement for fstab-update.sh in C that generates nicer mount point
names and is a little more robust.

I've put the result of this work up:

http://people.redhat.com/~rstrode/fstab-sync-07-14-2004.patch

The code hasn't seen much testing, so it probably has quite a few bugs,
but it seems to work for me (I've tested it with two different usb
flash drives, cd's, cdr's, and cdrw's)

Note the updfstab program that comes with kudzu may not play nice with
this program, so if you have that program installed and hotplug is
currently calling it directly, be sure to turn that off.  Also, it's
probably not too good of an idea to configure HAL to callout both fstab-
update.sh and this new program.

--Ray Strode