fstab-sync

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Thu Jul 15 10:43:42 PDT 2004

Hi,

> One of the projects I've been working on over the last week or so with
> John Palmieri is getting auto mounting of devices with HAL and gnome-
> volume-manager to work for Fedora.  One piece of the puzzle was to write
> a replacement for fstab-update.sh in C that generates nicer mount point
> names and is a little more robust.
>
> I've put the result of this work up:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~rstrode/fstab-sync-07-14-2004.patch
Okay, so I've put a new version up:

http://people.redhat.com/~rstrode/fstab-sync-07-15-2004.patch

that resolves a few issues I discovered with the first patch.

One question to think about right now is that on boot up, entries
will be made in /media for the partitions of internal hard disks.  Is
this desirable, or should /media be used for just removable drives,
and cds and things of that nature?

--Ray Strode