hal doesn't like my Atheros card.

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Wed Jun 2 21:02:55 PDT 2004

Joe Shaw wrote:
>>Well, I can help. If you have extra budget, they're good cards for
>>somehting that costs 99 CDN (about 80 USD?), from d-link, as a minipci
>>card on a real pci card. Anyway...
>
> Can you give me model numbers for the minipci one?  I have a laptop with
> a card in the minipci slot which isn't supported and not helping me
> much, so I can replace it.  If you send me a model number I can try to
> pick one up. :)

The minipci version is inserted onto a PCI card. At least, it was for me
when I got the DWL-G520:

	http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=12

There are two gotchas:
- It must be hardware revision A2 (printed on box)
- Requires-Some-Assembly (tm):

	http://pat.suwalski.net/log/index.cgi/2004/02/19

My antenna jack soldering job on the main antenna looks cruddy, but the
second one looks so good it could just as well have come from the factory.

Anyway, I suppose this card isn't for everyone, though I do know that
you can get just the minipci card. I found the soldering fun, personally.

>>I'm curious what leads you to believe it is timing within libsysfs.
>
> I don't remember honestly, it was a couple of weeks ago, but I do know
> that if you used gdb and changed the timing it seemed to work much of
> the time.

I'm no expert when it comes to debugging, but I'll see if I can catch
where in the code it goes wrong. I'm hoping it's something as simple as
adding an extra check.

--Pat