hal doesn't like my Atheros card.

Joe Shaw joeshaw at novell.com
Wed Jun 2 14:40:36 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 17:27 -0400, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> Well, I can help. If you have extra budget, they're good cards for
> somehting that costs 99 CDN (about 80 USD?), from d-link, as a minipci
> card on a real pci card. Anyway...

Can you give me model numbers for the minipci one?  I have a laptop with
a card in the minipci slot which isn't supported and not helping me
much, so I can replace it.  If you send me a model number I can try to
pick one up. :)

> I'm curious what leads you to believe it is timing within libsysfs.

I don't remember honestly, it was a couple of weeks ago, but I do know
that if you used gdb and changed the timing it seemed to work much of
the time.

> Can something be done to circumvent prodding of this device?

You could blacklist it as a temporary measure... just return FALSE in
net_class_accept() if it's "ath0" or some such.

> Errors like this should be catchable, based on the following output:
>
> [W] linux/net_class_device.c:258 mii_get_link() : Error reading link info
> [E] linux/net_class_device.c:173 mii_get_rate() : SIOCGMIIPHY on
> failed: No such device
> (process:13132): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: instance with invalid (NULL)
> class pointer

I'm not sure those two messages are related, but they could be.

Joe