configure.in with-pid-file

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Fri Jun 11 08:08:00 PDT 2004

Ikke wrote:
> The hal-cvs ebuild maintainer of breakmygentoo told me the configure
> option --with-pid-file was broken. I looked at the configure script, and
> it seems it was. Fixed that, the location is replaced in the makefiles
> now. That DEFINE isnt used in the code itself it seems tough?!?

Thank you. I was hoping to fix that this weekend. Have you also noticed
that if the system hangs, and there is a dbus pid file, and so dbus
doesn't start, the hal init script still succeeds? I'm guessing this is
a gentoo crazy init dependency tree thing.

Perhaps with this pid file fix, the behaviour will be more consistent.

--Pat