writing some kind of driver for hal

Dan Korostelev dan at ats.energo.ru
Mon Nov 1 09:25:27 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 12:07 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

> If the driver for the device is a userspace driver, like ifp appears to
> be, it seems that you need to integrate support for this into every
> music player (e.g. Rhythmbox) you want to support.
There's libiriver and libifp userspace drivers, but I was talking about
a kernel module that implements a mountable file system for iRiver iFP
devices.

> It would be nice if there was a single library for this much like what
> libgphoto2 is for cameras.
Yeah, that would be nice, but noone started yet, maybe I should, but I
guess i doesn't have enough skills for that.

--
Dan Korostelev <dan at ats.energo.ru>