Hal mounts only 1 out of 2 partitions.

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Sat Nov 13 06:37:44 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 13:29 +0200, George Billios wrote:
> No one has any idea why this happens?

Sorry George,
I'm not short of an idea, I'm just too busy with other work.

We should not probe for partitions on any block child device. I think,
we should never probe for any partition table at all, unless it's
explicitly requested. That would recognize both of your partitions as
volumes.

For the wrong recognized label(s) I will need some sector dumps of your
FAT directory. You have FAT volumes with 100 and 120 Gigabytes size,
right? I expect some wrong calculations with 64Bit integers here.

I hope to be able to get on it around the middle of the next week.

Thanks,
Kay