Hal mounts only 1 out of 2 partitions.

George Billios gbillios at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 11:55:07 PST 2004

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:37:44 +0100, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 13:29 +0200, George Billios wrote:
>

> > No one has any idea why this happens?
>
> Sorry George,
> I'm not short of an idea, I'm just too busy with other work.
>
> We should not probe for partitions on any block child device. I think,
> we should never probe for any partition table at all, unless it's
> explicitly requested. That would recognize both of your partitions as
> volumes.
>
> For the wrong recognized label(s) I will need some sector dumps of your
> FAT directory. You have FAT volumes with 100 and 120 Gigabytes size,
> right? I expect some wrong calculations with 64Bit integers here.
>
> I hope to be able to get on it around the middle of the next week.
>
> Thanks,
> Kay

Unfortunately I changed the partitions because I needed to see what
happens if I merge them. The 1 (combined) partition now is again not
recognised correctly and had to create a fdi file with a check for
'partitiontable' filesystem in order to be able to mount it. Ugly hack
but workd.
If it of any help the 1 partitions was about 100GB and the second 20GB
(not 120).
But the even most unfortunate thing is that from Tuesday I will must
attend the army for 1 year and so I won't be able to help you. If I
can help you with any info until then about the 1 partition please
tell me how.
Thanks