questions about libhal

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Oct 14 13:03:48 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 19:39 +0100, brendan powers wrote:
> I have a fiew question about libhal
> 1) where is the documentation(doxygen or whatever). The lshal source
> is a good reference though

Just pass --enable-doxygen-docs to configure. The coverage for libhal is
about 100% I think, and my goal is the same for libhal-storage. Patches
to meet that goal are of course most welcome :-)

> 2) What is required to compile a libhal application. lshal seems to
> use glib(witch ive never used before) is glib always needed? what
> header paths(i know its distrib specific) and libraries should i link?

If you need callbacks you need to integrate D-BUS into the mainloop.
Both glib-2.0 and Qt got D-BUS bindings that allows you to do this with
a single function call. libhal and libhal-storage only depends on
libdbus which in turn only depends on a libc.

Cheers,
David