questions about libhal

brendan powers brendan0powers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:01:54 PDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:03:48 -0400, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 19:39 +0100, brendan powers wrote:
> > I have a fiew question about libhal
> > 1) where is the documentation(doxygen or whatever). The lshal source
> > is a good reference though
> >

> Just pass --enable-doxygen-docs to configure. The coverage for libhal is
> about 100% I think, and my goal is the same for libhal-storage. Patches
> to meet that goal are of course most welcome :-)
Thanks for the info:)

> > 2) What is required to compile a libhal application. lshal seems to
> > use glib(witch ive never used before) is glib always needed? what
> > header paths(i know its distrib specific) and libraries should i link?
> >

> If you need callbacks you need to integrate D-BUS into the mainloop.
> Both glib-2.0 and Qt got D-BUS bindings that allows you to do this with
> a single function call. libhal and libhal-storage only depends on
> libdbus which in turn only depends on a libc.

I have it mostly working now except for the fallowing error?
main.cpp: In function `void mainloop_integration(LibHalContext*,
   DBusConnection*)':
main.cpp:49: error: `dbus_connection_setup_with_g_main' undeclared (first use
   this function)
main.cpp:49: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
   function it appears in.)

this means that it cannot find dbus_connection_setup_with_g_main
this function is used in the lshal source. I retrieved my copy of dbus
from cvs and installed it. I looked in the dbus docs for the glib
binding and found that this function is declared in dbus-gmain.c in
the dbus source. Did they change the api? if so how does the lshal
source compile?

thanks for your help
brendan