[RFC, patch] Toshiba LCD support

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:45:18 PDT 2005

Guys, Girls.

Here is a patch to add Toshiba LCD support into HAL.

Please review and comment.

Comments from me:

* It's acpi_toshiba specific. Toshiba, Asus, and IBM use different
files, and parameters. Can some body please confirm this?

If asus|ibm|toshiba uses the /proc/acpi/<module>/lcd format then we can
simplify the loader code.
If asus|ibm|toshiba use the brightness and brightness_levels keys, we
can use the same refresh function, and get rid of the toshiba_ specific
bits.
I don't have any other laptop hardware, so I'm unable to test.

* I've only exported lcdpanel.brightness_levels and
lcdpanel.raw.brightness so far - it's probably best to abstract the
latter to lcdpanel.brightness (percent).

* There is no SetLCDBrightness() method yet. TO-DO.

Feedback welcomed :-)

Richard.