[RFC, patch] Toshiba LCD support, now also sony, panasonic, asus and ibm

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 17:42:40 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 18:45 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Guys, Girls.
>
> Here is a patch to add Toshiba LCD support into HAL.
>
> Please review and comment.

With lots of help from the #ubuntu-devel guys, I've added sony,
panasonic, asus and ibm to the patch. And I've had lots of reports of
success, which  is always nice.

I've also added support for the method: SetLCDBrightness ()

To test do something like the following:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal \
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/acpi_toshiba \
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.SetLCDBrightness \
int32:2

Please have a look and tell me what you think.

Richard.