ACPI "special" button device, and Toshiba specific bits

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Dec 1 12:39:10 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 20:27 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Oh, you are most probably correct, I'm only basing my opinion on one
> (sketchy) report. I still think this should stay in a FDI file so we can
> trivially add new buttons (as toshiba add them ;-)), but I'll take out
> the Satellite Pro specific bit.

I would just add it to the code for the toshiba add-on. It's not like
distributing code is harder than .fdi files, right? It's just a lot
simpler if we don't need .fdi-files I think.

Also, since I'm curious, how do you determine that Toshiba Laptop A has
the Foo button, but not Toshiba Laptop B? By looking at the smbios
stuff?

Cheers,
David